Thursday, December 8, 2011

Trial of the Magians progress 2


Guichard's Axe +3: [||||| ]

Ferine Set [Head:x|Body:x|Hands:x|Legs:x|Feet:x]
Ferine Set +1 [Head:x|Body:x|Hands:x|Legs:x|Feet:x]
Ferine Set +2 [Head:x|Body:x|Hands:x|Legs:x|Feet:x]


Last night was dedicated to relaxing and making more progress on my axe.

My current trial was killing 75 amorphs in earth weather/day with my pet getting the killing blow. Guides pointed me to Eldieme (S) for gazers, but after checking out the area, earth weather wasn't exactly abundant, and neither were the gazers.

After doing a little research on the new mobs added to old zones, I noticed that they added leeches to the Maze of Shakhrami, so I decided to find them and do some grounds pages while waiting for weather... you know, two birds with one stone.

After a couple hours, there was enough spotty earth weather to get me the kills that I needed, as well as finishing up several pages, awarding me a couple merits.

After spending 3 of them another charge of Call Beast Recast, upgraded my axe and received the next trial-- 150 bombs earth day/weather, pet = killing blow.

I then made the mistake of trying clusters outside Halvung Staging Point, but they don't give credit. I made my way into Halvung itself, because I knew there were bombs there, but they are few and far between. I only knocked out 3 kills (it was earth day), and decided that was not the place to be.

So I caved and went down into Eldieme (S) at another entrance (where skeletons and djinns are), and waited for earth weather. It's pretty spotty in there, too, but jeez there are a ton of bombs down there.

Last night and this morning, I managed to knock it down from 150 to 87 while casually browsing the internet while keeping tabs on the weather. I'm getting very close to my final axe, and the rest of the kill trials are going to be in this small area (except the last):

- 150 bombs (87 remain)
- 150 arcana (bombs again)
- 200 skeletons
- 250 aquans

Then all I have to do is dump soil geodes and I am done! Killing mobs in earth weather has been giving me quite a few geodes, but I need 15 for the 90 axe and 40 for the 95 axe. I just hit 15, so I need 40 more. I don't think I'll be getting enough of them, so I may have to dump gil into the final product, or leave it at 90 and work on the next axe hoping for more of them.

I have several geodes of other elements that I suppose I could sell and use that gil to buy the others, though. That's what I'll probably do.

No comments:

Post a Comment