Friday, March 12, 2010

BLU and NM hunting

Having FFXI on XBOX360 has gotten me to play it a whole lot more than I used to. I got my Blue Mage to 50 yesterday, finally, so Darkcow and I are ready to duo Archlich Taber'quoan. We have scheduled to attempt that on Sunday, and then, after we win, we will do the Shadow Lord, and perhaps aim to hit more ranks that day.

I camped Yal-un Eke in Lufaise Meadows for a little while against a pretty obvious gilseller (Ciic on Cerberus), who has been monopolizing the NM for apparently months for the 150,000 gil drop (10% rate of drop on a pretty frequent spawn window).

I got bored with that and decided to get started on my Blue Mage artifact gear, which begins with the sword. That was a really simple mission, and now I have to wait until tomorrow to begin the quest for the Lv52 BLU AF shoes.

Now, I'm in Ranguemont Pass camping a couple NMs.

Hyakume, who drops this --


and Mucoid Mass, who drops this--


I'm mainly here for the Spellcaster's Ecu so that I can use it while I level my BLU while I sub DNC, since I may as well have some kind of shield. It's only worth 30,000gil, and I could just buy it, but I would rather farm around a bit and see.

I am currently 0/1 on both drops, farming on my 75THF with Thief's Knife, so TH3? Anyway, I will continue farming these (getting a lot of Mercury this way too, which is 7000gil a stack on my server), at least until Darkcow and I head to do the BLU AF shoes fight in Navukgo Execution Chamber.

No comments:

Post a Comment