Tuesday, May 26, 2009

DRK, WHM, and Garliage Shitadel

Two subjobs for red mage that I have always wanted to level but never did were dark knight and white mage. As you can tell, I have been making a serious effort to fix that. For the past week or so I have been soloing (and some parties, I might add) my way up in levels, aiming for 37.



Once I hit 29 in one of my last posts, I moved from Meriphataud Mountains to Batallia Downs, right outside of the Duchy of Jeuno. The beastmen in the area are pretty high level, as are the tigers in the area, but everything else was in my range to kill, so I cautiously used this zone to go from level 29 to level 33. I kid you not, I soloed 4 levels. Anyone who plays FFXI knows that jobs that do not normally solo (like dark knight) would find soloing 4 levels in the 30s to be excrutiating.

What made it easier was two things:
1) I used my Tactics Pearl (and Signal Pearl) to call Yoli out several times in that process, which eased the pain quite a bit. Her heals and enfeebles (as well as extra damage) made things go a lot more quickly.
2) Dark Knight/Dancer. At level 30, DNC sub is level 15, which is when you get Curing Waltz, which heals for approximately 67 HP at the cost of 20 TP. Well, I never used my TP, and as a result, I could more or less cure myself infinitely if the fight was too hard while Yoli chipped away at the mob's health. This was the case until about 32 when nothing was so hard that I was spamming the waltz.



Today, starting at level 33, I moved to the other side of Jeuno, into Rolanberry Fields, where the mobs were slightly higher. Before I could hit 34, I received a party invite to Garliage Citadel, where I remained until...



I hit level 37 dark knight-- my goal. I am done leveling dark knight UNLESS I want to get get it to level 40 for the Diabolos fight, which I haven't decided yet. Going from 37 to 40 is kind of rough, but I suppose I could manage it.

Once I finally got out of that marathon party, I switched to WHM and joined Resheph in the Valkurm Dunes, where I leveled from level 18 white mage to level 20.

Oh, and I really really hate white mage.

17 levels to go.

Einherjar Wing II tomorrow! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment