Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Journeymantalo

Yet another splurge by me led to the following:



All of this occurred within a 30 minute period. I have to say, Insect Fletchings have been very good to me, if you can't tell from my last 2 posts. The mere fact that they are only 1,000 gil per stack on both Windurst and Jeuno Auction Houses says a lot to begin with. With Wind Crystals as low as they are, it is only costing me about 225 gil per attempt, and as you can tell by the picture, within 5 levels of the synth cap you can get skill-ups on breaks, which actually more often than not tend to be cheaper since you don't always lose all your mats (and I hardly ever lose anything with Insect Fletchings).

Anyway, rushing to get the mats for the Wool Bracers actually cost me about the same as 5 stacks of Insect Wings and 5 stacks of Wind Crystals, which is really unfortunate. I could have farmed the majority of the materials, but I was just so excited that I hit 50 and I still had a few mats left and was hoping for more skill-ups before my classes today.

Once I hit 52, I really have absolutely no clue where to go. I could farm crawlers for 20 years until I hit 55 on Silk Cloth, or I could farm Karakul near Nashmau for their skin, synth that to Karakul Wool (level 12 Leatherworking, I'm at 4...), which would also take 20 years. I will be doing research for an alternative, but things don't look good on the way to 60. I'm not really surprised, though. What is surprising is how quickly and cheaply I was able to get to 50. In fact, I'd definitely say I've made a good chunk of money doing it.

Anyway, I thought I would share in my excitement/good fortune. Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment