Thursday, July 15, 2010

Abyssea - Tahrongi, Swift Belt, BLU

Once I finished getting my Red Mage to 80, I began wondering what other things in the game, other than leveling, that I want to get done. One of the first things to pop in my head was the new accessibility of the Swift Belt in Sacrarium.



Now, I hadn't put any effort whatsoever on the Swift Belt before now. I haven't so much as even farmed for a Fomor Codex before, but I knew who dropped it. I figured Sacrarium would be packed, so I headed to Phoumina Aqueducts to farm it off the tauri that reside in there. The first room was already being camped, so I moved on further, where my and my friends used to subligar farm. It's a weird feeling, walking around in Phoumina Aqueducts and not being scared of dying. The only thing I had to fear was Mortal Ray, but I am competent enough to turn around when that happens.



It only took about 5 tauri for the codex to drop, which I must admit was much faster than I imagined. I quickly cast Escape, out of that area, and made my way to Sacrarium. I already had max fomor hate, so after making up for the tauri I killed by killing about 3 fomor, I popped Lobais, the Tarutaru Fomor Swift Belt NM. His elemental was the only really annoying part about him. Being 80, he was hitting me for 0 with Phalanx/Genbu's shield up, and my ice spikes were keeping them from attacking too often. Well, first kill: no drop. I wasn't surprised, I know it's a 30%ish drop rate. The annoying part was having to get my fomor hate back up, since spawning the NMs reset your fomor hate.



About 20 fomors and one Terrotaurus later (first kill, codex!), I was ready to spawn him again. Another easy fight, and this time, I got the drop. Considering how easy this was, in reality, I wasn't the happiest guy in the world, but it's something that I wanted for my thief, and now I have it. I warped home to Windurst and began muling. Now I was going BLU spells from the Chains of Promathia areas that had previously been capped, stopping them from being easy without a group.

While muling, I saw shouts in Port Jeuno for Abyssea - Tahrongi, and since I want that 78 RDM/etc gear set so badly, I decided to join. 3 hours and 20k exp later, I was 3750 cruor closer to the body piece (the main piece I actually want).



Afterward, I did manage to get Frightful Roar and Filamented Hold, but failed to get Jettatura, Radiant Breath, or Refueling. Refueling is the main one that I want, but I can continue to live without it. One day, when I muster up the patience, I will head back and give it another go.

I was busy yesterday, wasn't I? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment